The benefits of becoming an AMAC Official
I already know I want to become and official. Take me to the important links.
Why not become an AMAC Ring Official?
Who can become a Ring Official?
Any martial artist who has been training for a minimum of 2 years and is 14 years or older. Any Official under 17 years of age will form part of our Junior League training program.
All AMAC Officials are mentored at each tournament.
The mentoring program allows martial artists to grow in confidence and to learn and develop in the AMAC rules. Eventually, as their understanding and abilities progress, officials will become accredited in their own right.
What if I have a family member who would like to support me by getting involved with AMAC?
Any family member, whether parent, sibling, or partner, who does not train in the martial arts, or a martial artist who has had less then 2 years of martial arts experience is more then welcome to join our team of Table Officials.
What is a Table Official?
As a Table Official you will work with others at the score-keeping tables, keeping time and recording scores awarded by the judges and/or referees..
Table Officials will attend a training session on the day of the tournament to help develop their understanding of time keeping and scoring when judges/referees award points, and they will be also mentored throughout the day.
What are the benefits of becoming an AMAC Table Official or Ring Official?
- Be part of an international organisation that cares for the wellbeing of the Martial Arts community.
- Be part of the fastest growing and most widespread multi-styles tournament circuit.
- Meet like-minded people.
- Be highly recognised and respected Nationally and Internationally.
- Travel opportunities available for the higher accredited officials within Australia and internationally.
- Learning to implement the rules as an official will allow you to use the rules to the best of your ability as an athlete during competition, or as a coach for your students.
- FREE entry into normal AMAC rounds as an athlete or the option for your child to compete in your place.
- There is a formal accreditation process for a range of events.
- Be in the running for our annual officiating awards i.e. 'The Official of the Year"
- Junior League Program - Helping to grow our future talent within the martial arts.
- FREE lunch and drink is provided on the day of the tournament.
- A ring-side seat for at least ONE ring on the day.
- Social Dinners/Events
If you're still interested, here are some useful links to where you can get more information, test your knowledge, and register to be an official.